The mission of the Covington County Economic Development Commission (CCEDC) is to create investment, job growth, and improve the quality of life in Covington County, Alabama. Our vision is to become the best rural economic development organization in the United States.
CCEDC is constantly targeting different markets and showcasing Covington County to companies around the world. By recognizing that economic development strengths rely heavily in the diversification of industries, retaining and attracting many different types of businesses is a top priority.
CCEDC prides itself as being a one-stop resource center, able to contact local businesses or entrepreneurs with local, state and federal funding sources that offer low-interest or interest-free money. CCEDC also assists in business start-ups, with everything from developing a new business plan to hiring and training employees.
The following entities are partners of CCEDC:
- Alabama Department of Commerce
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA)
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Department of Industrial Relations
- PowerSouth Economic Development
- Alabama Power
- Covington Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Southeast Alabama Council for Economic Development
- Southeast Gas
- Southeast Alabama Regional Planning & Development Commission
- Southwest Alabama Economic Development Alliance
President & CEO